I was tasked with making dessert for Sunday Night Din Din this past weekend. Which typically is super easy because I already know what to include and exclude given my nut allergy. But as one of my besties who would also be attending dinner has a dairy allergy I was thrown by a loop as to what the heck I should make. I went back and forth texting with him all morning, asking a ton of questions and then a lightbulb went off in my head as I came to the conclusion to make this this super easy and allergen-free dessert that would satisfy both of our chocolate cravings – Chocolate Pot de Creme.
I’ve had Chocolate Pot de Cremem many times at Restaurants but this version is #nutfree, #dairyfree, #glutenfree and allergyfriendly. Say whaat?! Yup you guessed it, you just can’t beat that because this was absolutely deelish.
Super quick to make and 2 hours later it’s set and ready to eat!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 8-10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks since its free of major allergens. You would use unsweetened chocolate or even dark chocolate).
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut milk.
- Maldon Sea Salt (to add on top)
- Strawberries or Raspberries (to garnish)
- Heavy Cream to make fresh whipped cream (optional)
Add all ingredients, except coconut milk and strawberries/raspberries to a blender in order listed and blend until smooth. Make sure there are not chocolate chunks left unblended.
Heat coconut milk until very hot (do not boil).
With blender running on low, slowly and carefully pour hot coconut milk into blender. Blend until chocolate is completely melted, and mixture is smooth and thick.
Pour into serving cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. When set and ready to serve top with a little bit of Maldon sat and then add sliced strawberries or raspberries and serve.